Sunday 28 November 2010

Sovev Emek 2010

A very special race (the first of it's kind) took place just near my place. It was a 62km run (although I believe it was closer to 60km), called Sovev Emek Ultra Marathon. The course was mostly on the dirt roads with ~900meter elevation gain, see more data on Garmin Site.

There were just 15 participants in the 62km race and I was the only woman on the course. I've had wonderful 6 hours 40 minutes of running along the easy rolling terrain near my home with perfect weather and company: got a smile and a word from every runner. The organization was just perfect! water when you need it, well marked route and great atmosphere! Thanks a lot to organizers (Shai Hazan was responsible for the race) and volunteers from Kibbuts HaZorea!

The pictures are at KodakGallery, results at GanSport (Hebrew).
There is a race summary in the local version of Running World (in Hebrew).

No comments: